Route 250 (Broad Street) widening, Goochland
|Widening to four lanes from Rt. 621 to Rt. 623|
Project at a Glance
Est Completion Date
$7.4 million total ($2.75 million for construction)
What Was Done
The purpose of the project was to increase safety by improving and widening Route 250 (Broad Street) from about one-quarter mile west of the intersection with Manakin Road (Route 621) to one-tenth mile east of the intersection with Hockett Road (Route 623). The project also realigned the Route 621 intersection to improve sight distance, upgraded drainage and installed a divided concrete median in an area that is projected to see continuing population and traffic growth.
The project as originally contracted is completed. Landscaping will be done during the fall planting season.
Project photos on Flickr
Below you will find the design simulations with WB-67 (Large Cab Tractor and 53’ trailer) for all directions of the Route 250 and Route 621 intersection after planned improvements.
- West bound Rte. 250 left turn movement onto southbound Rte. 621 with intersection improvement
- North bound Rte. 621 free flow right turn movement onto eastbound Rte. 250
- East bound Rte. 250 left turn movement onto southbound Rte. 621 with intersection improvement
- North bound Rte. 621 free flow right turn movement onto westbound Rte. 250
Why the Project Was Done
The project was to accommodate smoother and safer passage of motorists in an area that is projected to see continuing population and traffic growth.
- Divided highways decrease the likelihood of serious head-on accidents.
- Improved safe access to businesses along this section of road.
- Improve site distance at the intersection of Route 621.