Farmville 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Farmville 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The study was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the town's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study are the corporate limits of the Town of Farmville. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Main Street from South Corporate Limit to North Corporate Limit
- High Street from Main Street to West Corporate Limit
- Oak Street from High Street to 3rd Street
- 3rd Street from West Corporate Limit to East Corporate Limit
- 2nd Street from South Street to North Street
- 4th Street from Virginia Street to Main Street
- Barrow Street from 4th Avenue to Griffin Boulevard
- Gilliam Drive from 4th Avenue to Main Street
- Griffin Boulevard from Main Street High Street
- Longwood Avenue from Virginia Street to 3rd Street
- Madison Street from Venable Street to Main Street
- Milnwood Road from Main Street to 3rd Street
- Persimmon Treefork Road from 3rd Street to East Corporate Limit
- North Street from 2nd Street to High Street
- Plank Road from Main Street to North Corporate Limit
- River Road from Main Street to East Corporate Limit
- South Street from 2nd Street to 4th Street
- Venable Street from High Street to Main Street
- Virginia Street from Church Street to 3rd Street
- Industrial Park Drive from Route 460 to 0.74 Miles North of Route 753
Data collected for the study of the town includes:
- raffic counts conducted in October 2000
- Accident report information from 1996 through 1998
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- Review of tourism and goods movement issues in the town
The above information was analyzed to identify Farmville's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns raised by local officials and citizens. A public meeting was held Tuesday, April 9, 2002 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM at the Farmville Train Station to present the study findings and seek input on the recommendations proposed for future improvements. A second meeting was held at the Train Station on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM. The Farmville 2020 Transportation Plan was adopted by the Town on May 8, 2002.
A summary of the Farmville 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link.
In addition, click the following link to view the Farmville 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map.
Farmville 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map
If you have questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Farmville from the list of towns being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Farmville.
VDOT Contact: Jeffery B. Kessler
4219 Campbell Avenue
Lynchburg VA 24501
Local Contact: Gerald Spates
116 North Main Street
Farmville, Virginia 23901