Orange 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT’s "Orange 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The study was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the Town’s thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study area are the corporate limits of the Town of Orange. Within the study area the following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Route 15 from 1.25 miles south of Old Gordonsville Road to Woodberry Forest Road
- Route 20 from West Corporate Limits to East Corporate Limits
- Business Route 20 from Caroline Street to the northern intersection with Berry Hill Road
- Route 900 (Main Street) from Byrd Street to Boxley Lane
- Route 910 (Old Gordonsville Road) from 0.02 miles east of James Madison Highway to James Madison Highway
- Route 920 (Rapidan Road) from Selma Rd to 0.36 miles east of Selma Road
- Route 930 (Red Hill Road) from Main Street to Dead end
- Route 940 (Selma Road) from Constitution Highway to Main Street
- Route 950 (Spicers Mill Road) from 1.18 miles West of Madison Road to Madison Road
Data collected for the study of the town includes:
- traffic counts conducted in June 2000
- accident report information from 1996 through 1998
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- review of tourism and goods movement issues in the Town
The above information was analyzed to identify Orange's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns that were raised by local officials and citizens.
The Virginia Department of Transportation presented proposed recommendations for the Orange 2020 Transportation Plan, March 11, 2002 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the basement of the Gordon Building located at 112 West Main Street. The purpose of this meeting was to describe the current and future transportation needs, as well as recommended improvements to the Orange thoroughfare system.
On May 13, 2002 the Orange Town Council adopted the Town of Orange 2020 Transportation plan.
A summary of the Orange 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link:
In addition, click the following link to view the Orange 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map
If you have questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Orange from the list of towns being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Orange.
Local Contact: Sabrina M. Martyn
119 Belleview Avenue
Orange, VA 22960
Phone: (540) 672-5005
VDOT Contact: John A. Giometti, P.E.
Planning & Land Development Manager
1601 Orange Road
Culpeper , VA 22701