Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The recently completed Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the Town's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study were the corporate limits of the Town of Pearisburg. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Route U
- .S. Route 460 from the Western Corporate Limits to the Eastern Corporate Limits
- U.S. Route 460 Business from the Northern Corporate Limits to the Eastern Corporate Limits
- Curve Road from Wenonah Avenue to the Northern Corporate Limits
- Henson Avenue from South Main Street to Fort Branch Road
- Fort Branch Road from Henson Avenue to Wenonah Avenue
Data collected for the study of the town included:
- traffic counts conducted in April 2000
- accident report information from 1996 through 1998
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- review of tourism and goods movement issues in the Town
The above information was analyzed to identify Pearisburg's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns that may be raised by local officials and citizens. A pubic meeting was held on April 10, 2001 at the Pearisburg Municipal Building by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Town of Pearisburg. The purpose of the meeting was to present the draft recommendations included in the Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan and to allow Pearisburg citizens to comment on the plan. The Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan was approved by the Pearisburg Town Council on April 10, 2001.
A summary of the Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link.
In addition, click the
following link to view the Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map.
Pearisburg 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map
If you have questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Pearisburg from the list of Cities being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Pearisburg.