Stuart 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Stuart 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The study was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the Town's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study are the corporate limits of the Town of Stuart. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Patrick Avenue from the South Corporate Limit to Route 58 East
- East Blue Ridge Street (Route 58) from the West Corporate Limit to the East Corporate Limit
- Dobyns Road from Route 8 South to the West Corporate Limit
- Sunset Pines Drive from Route 58 to Route 1021
- Commerce Street from the East Corporate Limit to Route 8
- Mayo Court from Route 1010 to Route 631
- Park Street from Route 1011 to Route 1010
- Rye Cove Street from Route 1011 to Route 1009
- North Main Street from Route 631 to Route 58
- Staples Avenue from Route 58 to Route 1001
- Buena Vista Avenue from Route 1006 to Route 1003
Data collected for the study of the town includes:
- traffic counts conducted in July 1999
- accident report information from 1996 through 1998
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- review of tourism and goods movement issues in the Town
The above information was analyzed to identify Stuart's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns raised by local officials and citizens. A public meeting was held on Wednesday, September 18, 2002, from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM to present the study findings and seek input on the recommendations proposed for future improvements. The Stuart 2020 Transportation Plan was adopted by the Town on November 20, 2002.
A summary of the Stuart 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link.
Stuart 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map
If you have questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Stuart from the list of towns being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Stuart.
Stuart Town Manager
P.O. Box 422
Stuart, VA 24171
VDOT Contact: Michael W. Gray
District Planning Manager
731 Harrison Avenue
Richmond, VA 24153