Chase City 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Chase City 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The study was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the town's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study are the corporate limits of the Town of Chase City. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- East Second Street from the East Corporate Limit to North Main Street
- West Second Street from Route 92 to North Main Street
- Highway 49 from the West Corporate Limit to Route 92
- North Main Street from East Second Street to the North Corporate Limit
- West Second Street from Route 49 to the West Corporate Limit
- South Main Street from the South Corporate Limit to East Sycamore Street
- East Sycamore Street from South Main Street to North Main Street
- North Main Street from West Sycamore Street to East Second Street
- Boyd Street from East Second Street to East Fifth Street
- Monroe Street from West Second Street to West Fifth Street
- Endly Street from West Sycamore Street to West Fifth Street
- East Fourth Street from Boyd Street to Marshall Street
- West Fifth Street from the West Corporate Limit to the Norfolk-Southern Railway
- East Fifth Street from the Norfolk-Southern Railway to Marshall Street
- Marshall Street from East Fifth Street to East Sycamore Street
- West Sycamore Street from the West Corporate Limit to North Main Street
- East Sycamore Street from South Main Street to the East Corporate Limit
- East Third Street from Endly Street to North Main Street
Data collected for the study of the town included:
- Traffic counts conducted in May 1999
- Accident report information from 1996 through 1998
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- Review of tourism and goods movement issues in the town
The above information was analyzed to identify Chase City's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns raised by local officials and citizens. A public meeting was held October 9, 2000 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Chase City Municipal Building to present the study findings and to seek public input on the recommendations proposed for future improvements. The Chase City 2020 Transportation Plan was adopted by the Town on March 12, 2001.
A summary of the Chase City 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link.
In addition, click the following link to view the Chase City 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map.
If you have any questions regarding these meetings or the study, please contact one of the individuals listed below. If you would like to make a comment, click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Chase City from the list of towns being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Chase City.
Local Contact: Rickey G. Reese
Chase City Town Manager
319 North Main Street
Chase City, VA 23920
Phone: (434) 372-5136
VDOT Contact: Mark Riblett
P.O. Box 3402
Virginia Department of Transportation
Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834