Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The recently completed Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the Town's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study were the corporate limits of the Town of Clifton Forge. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Ridgeway Street from 5th Street to Main Street
- Main Street from Keswick Street to old East Corporate Limit of Clifton Forge
- Roxbury Street from Ridgeway Street to Keswick Street
- Keswick Street from Roxbury Street to Main Street
- Commercial Avenue from Main Street to Church Street
- Church Street from A Street to Rose Avenue
- McCormick Boulevard from Church Street to Lafayette Street
- A Street from North County Viaduct to Church Street
- Ingalls Street from Main Street to Bryant Street
- Jefferson Avenue from Main Street to Church Street
- Bus 60 from East Corporate Limit of Clifton Forge to Route 220
Data collected for the study of the town included:
- traffic counts conducted in August 2000
- accident report information
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- review of tourism and goods movement issues in the Town
The above information was being analyzed to identify a Clifton Forge's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns that may be raised by local officials and citizens. A pubic meeting was held on October 3, 2001 at the Clifton Forge Fire Station by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Town of Clifton Forge. The purpose of the meeting was to present the draft recommendations included in the Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan and to allow Clifton Forge citizens to comment on the plan. The Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan was approved by the Clifton Forge Town Council on December 13, 2001.
A summary of the Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link:
In addition, click the following link to view the Clifton Forge 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map.
If you have questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Clifton Forge from the list of Cities being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Clifton Forge.
Local Contact: John Rowe
Clifton Forge Town Manager
547 Main Street
Clifton Forge, VA 24422
Phone : (540) 863-2500
VDOT Contact: Bob Ball
District Transportation Planner
811 Commerce Road
Staunton, Virginia 24402