Waynesboro 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Waynesboro 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The study was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the City's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study are the corporate limits of the City of Waynesboro. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Route 250 (Main Street) from the west corporate limits to Rosser Avenue.
- Route 250 (Broad Street) from Rosser Avenue to Main Street.
- Route 250 (Main Street) from Broad Street to the east corporate limits.
- Route 254 (Ivy Street) from the west corporate limits to King Avenue.
- Route 254 (Poplar Avenue) from King Avenue to Main Street.
- Route 340 (Rosser Avenue) from the south corporate limits to Main Street.
- Route 340 (Main Street) from Rosser Avenue to Broad Street.
- Route 340 (Delphine Avenue) from Main Street to the north corporate limits.
- A Street from Kirby Avenue to the east corporate limits.
- Arch Avenue from Wayne Avenue to Broad Street.
- Bath Avenue from 3rd Street to 2nd Street.
- Bridge Street from Hopeman Parkway to Bath Avenue.
- Charlotte Avenue from Main Street to 3rd Street.
- Davis Road from Northgate Avenue to Vedette Street.
- Delphine Avenue from the south corporate limits to Main Street.
- Duke Road from Sherwood Avenue to the north corporate limits.
- Florence Avenue from Ohio Street to Bridge Street.
- Guilford Lane from Ivy Street to Hampton Drive.
- Hopeman Parkway from Main Street to Delphine Avenue.
- King Avenue from Ivy Street to Hopeman Parkway.
- Kerby Avenue from Shenandoah Street to A Street.
- Lew Dewitt Boulevard from Rosser Avenue to Main Street.
- Lyndhurst Road from the south corporate limits to Wayne Avenue.
- Meadowbrook Road from Northgate Avenue to Lyndhurst Road.
- Northgate Avenue from Rosser Avenue to Rosser Avenue.
- Oak Lane from Delphine Avenue to Lyndhurst Road.
- Poplar Avenue from 13th Street to Main Street.
- Shenandoah Avenue from Delphine Avenue to Kirby Avenue.
- Sherwood Avenue from Hopeman Parkway to the north corporate limits.
- Vedette Avenue from Davis Road to Main Street.
- Wayne Avenue from Lyndhurst Road to Ohio Street.
- Whitebridge Road from Guilford Lane to the north corporate limits.
- Windsor Road from Lyndhurst Road to Delphine Avenue.
- 2nd Street from Bath Avenue to Delphine Avenue.
- 3rd Street from Charlotte Avenue to Bath Avenue.
- 4th Street from Charlotte Avenue to Jackson Avenue.
- 13th Street from Rosser Avenue to Arch Avenue.
Data collected for the study of the city includes:
- traffic counts conducted in May through June in 2001
- accident report information from 1998 through 2000
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- review of tourism and goods movement issues in the City
The above information was analyzed to identify Waynesboro's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns that were raised by local officials and citizens.
The Virginia Department of Transportation presented the proposed recommendations for the Waynesboro 2020 Transportation Plan, April 28, 2003 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the City of Waynesboro Municipal Building located at 503 West Main Street. The purpose of this meeting was to describe the current and future transportation needs, as well as recommended improvements to the Waynesboro thoroughfare system. VDOT representatives were available for questions during the meeting.
On June 9, 2003, the Waynesboro City Council adopted the City of Waynesboro 2020 Transportation Plan
A summary of the Waynesboro 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link
In addition, click the following link to view the Waynesboro 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map
If you have any questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Waynesboro from the list of towns and cities being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system in Waynesboro.
Local Contact: Michael G. Hamp, II
Assistant City Manager
503 West Main Street
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Phone: (540) 942-6600
VDOT Contact: Bob Ball
District Transportation Planner
811 Commerce Road
Staunton, Virginia 24402