Hampton Roads Commuter Resources
Getting to and from work in Hampton Roads can often be a challenge. That's why we've gathered region-specific information and tools to help you make the most of your commute.
- View the road conditions map for road conditions and incident delays on Hampton Roads area highways.
- Traffic cameras let you see road conditions for yourself before you even get into your car. Check frequently asked questions about the Hampton Roads traffic cameras.
- Safety rest areas and welcome centers offer an easy place to stop and alleviate driver fatigue.
Bridges and tunnels
- For general information go to Hampton Road Bridges and Tunnels.
- You can also tune into VDOT's low-power Highway Advisory Radio AM 610 for tunnel information. The signal travels in a five- to seven-mile-radius of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, the Downtown Tunnel in Norfolk, I-264 at Lynnhaven Parkway, Route 168 at the Route 168 Bypass, I-664 at College Drive and I-64 at Exit 242 (Water Country).
- Read about Hampton Roads projects and plans.
HOV lanes are one of the best ways to make your commute easier. Learn more about how and when to use them, plus find out how to start or join a carpool.
Ferry information offers links and telephone numbers for information on ferry services available in Virginia.
Park and Ride lot locations and information