Northern Virginia Emergency Information
Check here for the latest updates during snow storms.
March 20, 3:30 p.m.
- Plan to stay off the roads tonight and plan ahead for tomorrow. Drivers should expect impacted roads through Wednesday.
- Park in driveways or on the odd-numbered side of the street. This will allow a larger path when plows begin to focus on neighborhood streets.
- Follow @vadotnova on Twitter for the latest updates.
March 20, 10:30 a.m.:
- The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the area.
- Precipitation has started throughout the district and forecasted to continue through Wednesday.
- Crews are on standby and will be ready to start plowing roads after 2+ inches of snow falls.
- Start planning evening commutes now and adjust schedules to be off the roads tonight if possible.
Latest News Releases
County Emergency Resources
We maintain almost 14,000 lane miles of interstate, primary, and secondary roads in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties. Arlington County maintains its own secondary roads. To learn more about emergency operations in your county, visit: