Northern Virginia Emergency Information
Check here for the latest updates during snow storms.
Status UpdatesTuesday, Sept. 11, 2018 7:45 a.m.
- We're carefully monitoring weather forecasts and planning for potential impacts from Hurricane Florence.
- Crews Are Preparing:
- Inspecting and clearing storm drains and pipes
- Getting trucks and equipment ready
- Arranging tree and debris/removal crews as needed
- What Residents Can Do:
- Drivers/residents should closely monitor local weather sources for information on rain, wind and other impacts
- Watch for VDOT and other crews who will be out and about this week
- Follow your local government for preparedness tips (Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William)
- See more information on our preparations across the state and how you can help.
- VDOT Info:
Latest News Releases
County Emergency Resources
We maintain almost 14,000 lane miles of interstate, primary, and secondary roads in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties. Arlington County maintains its own secondary roads. To learn more about emergency operations in your county, visit: