VDOT District Offices
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) divides the state into nine districts, each of which oversees maintenance and construction on the state-maintained highways, bridges and tunnels in its area.
For the most specific and up-to-date information on transportation conditions and projects, see the detailed listing below and contact the VDOT district office for your area.
List of VDOT residencies and contact information >
Arlington and Henrico counties maintain their own roads, as do cities and many towns.
If you have questions, contact your VDOT district office or the public works department of the individual town or city.
Bristol District: 276-669-6151
2111 Bonham Road
Bristol, Virginia 24201
- Bland, Buchanan, Dickenson, Grayson, Lee, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, Wise and Wythe
- Bristol, Norton
- Abingdon, Appalachia, Big Stone Gap, Bluefield, Cedar Bluff, Chilhowie, Cleveland, Clinchco, Clinchport, Clintwood, Coeburn, Damascus, Duffield, Dungannon, Fries, Gate City, Glade Spring, Grundy, Haysi, Honaker, Independence, Jonesville, Lebanon, Marion, Nickelsville, Pennington Gap, Pocahontas, Pound, Richlands, Rural Retreat, Saltville, St. Charles, St. Paul, Tazewell, Troutdale, Weber City, Wise and Wytheville
Salem District: 540-387-5320
731 Harrison Ave.
Salem, Virginia 24153
- Bedford, Botetourt, Carroll, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Patrick, Pulaski and Roanoke
- Galax, Martinsville, Radford, Roanoke and Salem
- Bedford, Blacksburg, Boones Mill, Buchanan, Christiansburg, Dublin, Fincastle, Floyd, Glen Lyn, Hillsville, Narrows, New Castle, Pearisburg, Pembroke, Pulaski, Rich Creek, Ridgeway, Rocky Mount, Stuart, Troutville and Vinton
Lynchburg District: 434-947-6559 or 434-947-6599
4219 Campbell Ave.
Lynchburg, Virginia 24501
- Amherst, Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell, Charlotte, Cumberland, Halifax, Nelson, Pittsylvania and Prince Edward
- Danville and Lynchburg
- Altavista, Amherst, Appomattox, Brookneal, Charlotte Court House, Chatham, Dillwyn, Drakes Branch, Farmville, Gretna, Halifax, Hurt, Keysville, Pamplin City, Phenix, Scottsburg, South Boston and Virgilina
Richmond District: 804-524-6000 or 800-663-4188
2430 Pine Forest Drive
South Chesterfield, Virginia 23834
- Amelia, Brunswick, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico*, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, New Kent, Nottoway, Powhatan and Prince George
(*Henrico maintains its own county roads)
- Colonial Heights, Hopewell, Petersburg and Richmond
- Alberta, Ashland, Blackstone, Boydton, Brodnax, Burkeville, Chase City, Clarksville, Crewe, Kenbridge, La Crosse, Lawrenceville, Mckenney, South Hill and Victoria
Hampton Roads District: 800-367-7623 or 888-723-8400
7511 Burbage Drive
Suffolk, VA 23435
- Accomack, Isle of Wight, James City, Northampton, Southampton, Surry, Sussex, York and Greensville
- Chesapeake, Emporia, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg
(Cities in Hampton Roads maintain their own roads)
- Accomac, Belle Haven, Bloxom, Boykins, Branchville, Cape Charles, Capron, Cheriton, Chincoteague, Claremont, Courtland, Dendron, Eastville, Exmore, Hallwood, Ivor, Jarratt, Keller, Melfa, Nassawadox, Newsoms, Onancock, Onley, Painter, Parksley, Saxis, Smithfield*, Stony Creek, Surry, Tangier, Wachapreague, Wakefield, Waverly and Windsor
(*Smithfield maintains its own roads)
Fredericksburg District: 540-899-4288 or 800-367-7623
87 Deacon Road
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22405
- Caroline, Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King George, King William, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Northumberland, Richmond, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Westmoreland
- Bowling Green, Colonial Beach, Irvington, Kilmarnock, Montross, Port Royal, Tappahannock, Urbanna, Warsaw, West Point and White Stone
Culpeper District: 540-829-7500
1601 Orange Road
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
- Albemarle, Culpeper, Fauquier, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock
- Culpeper, Gordonsville, Louisa, Madison, Mineral, Orange, Remington, Scottsville, Stanardsville, The Plains, Warrenton and Washington
Staunton District: 540-332-9075
811 Commerce Road
Staunton, Virginia 24402-2249
- Alleghany, Augusta, Bath, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockbridge, Rockingham, Shenandoah and Warren
- Buena Vista, Covington, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Staunton, Waynesboro and Winchester
- Berryville, Boyce, Bridgewater, Broadway, Clifton Forge, Craigsville, Dayton, Edinburg, Elkton, Front Royal, Glasgow, Goshen, Grottoes, Iron Gate, Luray, Middletown, Monterey, Mount Crawford, Mount Jackson, New Market, Shenandoah, Stanley, Stephens City, Strasburg, Timberville, Toms Brook and Woodstock
Northern Virginia District: 800-FOR-ROAD (367-7623)
4975 Alliance Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
- Arlington*, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William
- Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park
- Clifton, Dumfries, Hamilton, Haymarket, Herndon, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Occoquan, Purcellville, Quantico, Round Hill and Vienna
(*Arlington maintains its own county roads)
VDOT Central Office:
1401 E. Broad St.
Richmond, Virginia 23219
From Interstate 95:
Take exit 74C toward Routes 33 / 250 / Broad Street. Turn right onto Routes 33 / 250 / Broad Street toward the State Capitol. The VDOT complex is on the left.
For information or questions about site content, contact the district communications offices above.
For technical information, questions or suggestions regarding this Web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org