Structure & Bridge Division
Bridge Construction Best Practices
Bridge Demolition | Bridge Materials | Bridge Preservation | Causeway and Cofferdams | Culverts | Substructure | Subsurface | Superstructure | Walls Associated with Bridges
Bridge Materials (timber, concrete, structural steel, reinforcing steel, prestressing steel, masonry, aluminum, fiber reinforced composites (FRP), and other.).
- BCIS-27. PP-Materials Documentation & Record Keeping – Laura Hisey – 2018.
- BCIS-10. PP-Reinforcing Steel – Overview and Substructure - Jean Uhl – 2018.
- BCIS-21. PP-Hydraulic Cement Concrete - Chaz Weaver – 2018.
- CITBC Module 15. PP-Reinforcing Steel for Bridges – 2018.
- CITBC Module 16. PP-Concrete – 2018.
FRP Videos - Composite Advantage
- Composite Advantage website. A leading manufacturer of fiber reinforced composite products for bridges and marine environment applications.
- How FRP Fender Protect Piers & Bridges
- FRP for Trail Bridges
- Jamestown Ferry Terminal Impacts
VDOT Jamestown Scotland Ferry
- FiberPILE Fender System – Drone View
- FiberPILE Driving – Beach Creek. Use of vibration hammer to drive 24 inch OD, 76 feet long, FiberPILES with 1.13 inch wall thickness
West Natick Rail Platform
FiberSPAN Ped Bridge Deck Design Features. FRP deck panels used for a Pedestrian and Utility bridge in British Columbia. Good video describing how FRP deck panels allow functional design to incorporate different feature requirements. Some examples of features are: shape and size of panels as needed, crown in panel top surface for drainage, integrally molded curbs, imbedded steel and anchor bolts in curb for attaching railing, molded slots/cavities as needed for attaching to beams, molded drainage drain openings and grates, access hatch openings and covers, and shop applied overlays depending on application.
Booklet. Cantilever Sidewalk – FRP – eBook - Path to Pedestrian Safety on Bridges
Cantilever Sidewalk - FRP_eBook_Path to Pedestrian Safety on Bridges.pdf