AASHTOWare Project Bids
The AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software effectively streamlines the bidding process, providing transportation agencies with control over the bid letting process while facilitating bid submittal for contractors.
As the updated and enhanced replacement for the AASHTOWare Project Expedite™ software, the AASHTOWare Project Bids software is extremely reliable and adaptable. Bidders are able to receive proposal item schedules and to submit and withdraw item bids in a secure electronic environment. Electronic bidding can greatly reduce the time and expense associated with data entry, bid revisions, bid tabulations, and finalization.
Security and Encryption Functionality
The AASHTOWare Project Bids software provides security and encryption functionality for bids submitted via a variety of formats:
- Electronic bids can be published and submitted electronically.
- Electronic bids can be saved onto physical storage devices.
- Bids can be entered manually.
- Supports encrypted secure digital signature creation and management, allowing secure bid submission and bid withdrawal via the Internet.
- Use of the optional digital signatures and encryption technology requires citizenship or permanent residency in the United States or Canada.
- Electronic verification of bid bonds is available to the contractor.
With a clean graphical user interface, the contractor workflows are streamlined and intuitive. The AASHTOWare Project Bids software is designed to exchange data with the AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction™ software or similar systems. Item schedule data can be produced to assist with proposal creation and proposal information can be shared with many word processing, database, or spreadsheet systems.
Proposals with Alternate Sections and configurable Standard Print Templates
The AASHTOWare Project Bids software supports proposals with alternate sections/items, lump sum and fixed-price items, and the electronic distribution of amendments. Bidders simply open the AASHTOWare Project Bids file provided by the letting agency and enter line item prices for each item. The AASHTOWare Project Bids software calculates bid values as bidders work through the item list and alerts them if an item is accidentally omitted. The software facilitates the import and export of item lists to allow for interaction with commonly used bid estimation systems. The modernized interface allows bidders to revise or amend bids quickly and efficiently.
The AASHTOWare Project Bids software utilizes configurable standard print templates to meet a wide variety of agency needs. With eight standard templates (cover page, schedule of items, sites, etc.) and variations of each one, agencies have the ability to choose which templates best meet their needs in key reporting areas.
The AASHTOWare Project Bids software consists of several components which provide a variety of functionality and capability in pre-letting, bidder, and letting areas, such as the ability to:
- Convert a flat file of proposal information, taken from the AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction software or a similar system, into an electronic proposal or amendment file for distribution to prospective bidders.
- Enter item bids interactively with item extensions while section and proposal totals calculate and display immediately.
- Check the electronic bid for validity and data errors, print a log listing information about the electronic bid for comparison to the paper bid, and produce a flat file suitable for loading into the AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction software or a similar system.
- Enter bid data from proposals submitted manually for loading into the AASHTOWare Project Preconstruction software or a similar system.
- Produce a bid bond verification file that includes bid bond information for each electronically submitted proposal.
To simplify implementation and management of the AASHTOWare Project Bids software licensing, agencies may copy the electronic bid manager portion of the software for distribution to and use by all of the agency’s prospective bidders, provided the software is not modified in any way.
*From the AASHTOWare Project Website
Action for those who have NOT yet installed the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid component to bid to another agency:
- Download the new software.
- Create your new Digital ID for the Bids component.
- After you receive notification that the Digital ID has been enabled, request to bid with the Virginia DOT. The agency will receive your request and will approve or reject you for bidding. You will not be able to bid to the agency until the agency has approved your request.
We recommend you download and print the detailed instructions for the steps above.
Action for those who ALREADY have a new approved Digital ID and have already installed the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid component to bid to another agency:
Submit a request to bid with the Virginia DOT. Instructions are available beginning with Step 5 of this document. The agency will receive your request and will approve or reject you for bidding. You will not be able to bid to the agency until the agency has approved your request.
Where can I get more information?
There are several training resources for the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid software.
- Watch a comprehensive training video that walks you through all of the steps required for bidding. (42 minutes)
- View one or more of the short tutorial videos below depending on the help you need:
InfoTech support team is available to assist by phone at 888-352-BIDX (2439) or email (email@example.com).