The Virginia Department of Transportation's (VDOT) Local Assistance Division develops policy and provides guidance for special funding programs and other programs that impact work performed by localities, and serves as a liaison to local governments. The division also:
- Manages several special funding programs
- Manages urban roadway inventory and system changes
- Manages the local assistance payments program
- Provides policy oversight and guidance for locally administered projects
- Provides outreach and training for local programs
***Email Update Sign-up***
VDOT’s Local Assistance Division offers email notifications when we update our web pages. Sign up to be notified when we post revised guidance, letters to local governments or training opportunities. Sign up!