Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • GeoSpatial Program • Hydraulics and Utilities Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects • Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Traffic Design • Water Resources Program
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance
The Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance Program Area is responsible for Statewide design support services. This includes providing technical support on proper installation and use of safety hardware (Guardrail, End Terminals, etc.), providing special design drawings when requested, assistance on policies and procedures, geometric design standards and reviewing plans at various stages in the plan development process to aid in improving the quality of preliminary engineering plans.
Joseph P. Koscinski, Jr., P.E.
State Geometric Design Engineer
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
|Charles Patterson, P.E.
Standards/Special Design Section Manager
|George T. Rogerson, Jr.
Policies & Procedures Section Manager
- July 2022 - Road Design Manual Revision - 8/2/2022
- IIM-LD-263, New & Revised IIM, Index and Table of Contents - updated 7/14/2022
- VDOT Provisionally Approved MASH Products - 7/1/2022
- June 2022 Revisions to VDOT's Road Design Manual – 6/24/2022
- June 2022 Revision to the 2016 Road & Bridge Standards - 6/16/2022
- IIM-LD-262, New & Revised page, Index and Table of Contents - 5/11/2022