VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
March 22, 2021
Online meeting scheduled for Route 58 Phase IV widening Abingdon to Damascus (Washington County)
Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 5 p.m.
BRISTOL—In an effort to share updates for the upcoming Route 58 Phase IV Abingdon to Damascus project in Washington County, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is holding a virtual meeting next month.
The meeting can be accessed from the following link on April 1 at 5 p.m.: https://www.virginiadot.org/Route58WashingtonCounty.
During the meeting, VDOT’s design team will provide project updates and conduct a question and answer session.
When the project is advertised to the construction community for bids in May 2021 it will be advertised in two segments:
- Segment 1
- From 0.038-mile east of Route 708 (Bethel Road)
- To 0.200 mile east of Route 711 (Drowning Ford Road)
- Segment 2, dependent on construction bid amounts
- From: 0.200 mile east of Route 711 (Drowning Ford Road)
- To: 0278-mile east of Route 858 (Hollyfield Road)
Following the receipt of bids, VDOT will make the decision to construct Segment 1 or to construct Segments 1 and 2.
Additionally, VDOT’s project team will provide information about bridge work over South Fork Holston River and the Virginia Creeper Trail.
During construction of the new bridges and demolition of the current bridge there will be periodic delays for recreational users due to public safety. Additionally, there will be a few days during installation of the bridge beams and the demolition of the bridge where recreational traffic will be shuttled around the work zone.
After reviewing the online documents and participating in the online meeting at VirginiaDOT.org/Route58WashingtonCounty, questions can be directed to VDOT using the following methods:
- Call VDOT Project Manager Tamara Pritchard at 276-696-3249.
- Email Pritchard@vdot.virginia.gov. Please reference “Route 58 Phase IV” in the subject line.
- Traditional mail to VDOT Project Manager Tamara Pritchard, 870 Bonham Road, Bristol, Virginia 24201.
If you need further special assistance, please reach out to Tamara Pritchard at 276-696-3249, or VDOT’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623), or device for hearing impaired (TTY) at 711. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.