VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
Feb. 26, 2021
Virtual comment opportunity available for Interstate 81 exits 77 and 80 (Wythe County) interchange alternatives study
BRISTOL—A study of Interstate 81 exits 77 and 80 in Wythe County began in late 2020 and in March the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is requesting the public’s help in providing input for the study.
A survey will be available March 1 – 21, 2021 at the following link: http://www.virginiadot.org/i81exit77and80study.
The study is being conducted in an effort to:
- Evaluate safety and traffic issues associated with the exit 77 and exit 80 interstate ramps and nearby intersections.
- Develop potential improvement projects to address safety and traffic operations in the study area.
- Consider innovative intersection/interchange designs.
- Improve access along the ramps and intersections.
- VDOT’s planning team will use the feedback gathered throughout the study to assist Wythe County in developing future transportation projects that can be advanced to funding.
Citizens can go online to http://www.virginiadot.org/i81exits77and80study to review the study information and to take the survey. The survey will remain open through March 21, 2021.
Written and verbal comments are also being accepted through March 21, 2021. Mail comments to Mr. Blake Ailor, Bristol District Planner, 870 Bonham Road, Bristol, Virginia 24201. Or, email comments to email@example.com, referencing “I-81 Exits 77 and 80 Study” in the email subject line.
For additional information, or if you require special assistance, contact Mr. Ailor or VDOT’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623) or device for hearing impaired (TTY) at 711. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.