VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
Dec. 2, 2021
Virtual comment opportunity available for Interstates 81 Exits 77 and 80 (Wythe County) Interchange Alternative Study
December 6, 2021 - January 3, 2022
BRISTOL—A study of Interstate 81 exits 77 and 80 in Wythe County is underway and this month the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is requesting the public’s help in providing additional input for the study.
A survey will be available from December 6, 2021 – January 3, 2022, at the following link: https://www.virginiadot.org/i81exit77and80study.
The study is being conducted in an effort to:
- Evaluate safety and traffic issues associated with the exit 77 and exit 80 interstate ramps and nearby intersections.
- Develop potential improvement projects to address safety and traffic operations in the study area.
- Consider innovative intersection/interchange designs.
- Improve access along the ramps and intersections.
- VDOT’s planning team will use the feedback gathered throughout the study to assist Wythe County in developing future transportation projects that can be advanced to funding.
Citizens can go online to https://www.virginiadot.org/i81exit77and80study to review the study information and to take the survey. The survey will remain open through January 3, 2022.
Written and verbal comments are also being accepted through January 3, 2021. Mail comments to Mr. Cory Osborne, Bristol District Planning Office, 2111 Bonham Road, Bristol, Virginia 24201. Or, email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “I-81 Exits 77 and 80 Study” in the email subject line.
For additional information, or if you require special assistance, contact Mr. Osborne or VDOT’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623) or device for hearing impaired (TTY) at 711. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.