VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
Jan. 17, 2022
10 am. January 17, 2022: Crews continue efforts to clear highways in southwest Virginia
BRISTOL – The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reports the following conditions in southwest Virginia as of 10 a.m.:
- Be alert to scattered snow and ice patches on the majority of Interstates 81 and 77.
- Snow-covered conditions on primary and secondary highways in Wythe, Buchanan, Washington and Smyth counties.
- Most primary highways in Dickenson and Bland counties are clear but wet; however, secondary roads are snow-covered.
- Scattered snow and ice patches are reported on the majority of highways in Scott County.
- In Grayson County, Routes 16, 21, 58, 93, 362 and secondary highways are snow-covered in spots.
- In Lee, Wise, Buchanan and Tazewell counties, be alert to snow and ice patches on primary highways and snow-covered conditions on most secondary highways.
Once the snow ends and primary highways are clear, crews will move to secondary highways (routes numbered 600+).
VDOT’s Customer Service Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Citizens can dial 1-800-FOR- ROAD (1-800-367-7623) from anywhere in the state to report road hazards, ask transportation questions, or get information related to Virginia’s roads.
The Bristol District Twitter feed is at @VDOTBristol. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located at www.VirginiaDOT.org. (END)
*Unless conditions deteriorate, this will be the last news release for this storm and updates will be provided via Twitter @VaDOTBristol.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.