VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
Jan. 17, 2022
January 17 at 4 a.m.: Be alert to slick travel conditions in southwest Virginia
BRISTOL – The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reports the following conditions in southwest Virginia as of 4 a.m.:
• Be alert to snow-covered sections of I-81 between Emory in Washington County and Fort Chiswell in Wythe County.
• Be alert to snow-covered portions of Interstate 77 in Bland and Wythe counties.
• Snow-covered conditions on primary and secondary highways in Dickenson, Washington, Smyth, Russell, Tazewell, Wythe, Grayson, and Bland counties.
• Snow and ice patches on primary and secondary highways in Scott County.
• Most highways in Buchanan County are snow-covered, with exception of Route 460 that has scattered snow and ice patches.
• In Wise and Lee counties, snow and ice patches on primary highways and snow-covered conditions on most secondary highways.
Once the snow ends and primary highways are clear, crews will move to secondary highways (routes numbered 600+).
VDOT’s Customer Service Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Citizens can dial 1-800-FOR- ROAD (1-800-367-7623) from anywhere in the state to report road hazards, ask transportation questions, or get information related to Virginia’s roads.
The Bristol District Twitter feed is at @VDOTBristol. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located at www.VirginiaDOT.org. (END
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.