VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
Jan. 17, 2022
Sunday, January 16 at 10 p.m.: Avoid overnight travel due to chance of snowy, icy conditions
BRISTOL – The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reports the following conditions in southwest Virginia as of 10 p.m.:
• Interstate 81 is currently clear but wet between Bristol and Emory. Be alert to snow-covered sections of I-81 north of Emory in Washington County, as well as the majority of Smyth and Wythe counties.
• Be alert to snow-covered conditions on Interstate 77 in Wythe and Bland counties.
• Snow-covered conditions on primary and secondary highways in Tazewell, Bland, Grayson, Wythe, Washington and Smyth counties.
• Be alert to snow and ice patches on primary and secondary highways in Lee and Scott counties.
• In Wise, Dickenson, Russell and Buchanan counties, be alert to snow and ice patches on primary highways and snow-covered conditions on most secondary highways.
VDOT’s Customer Service Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Citizens can dial 1-800-FOR- ROAD (1-800-367-7623) from anywhere in the state to report road hazards, ask transportation questions, or get information related to Virginia’s roads.
The Bristol District Twitter feed is at @VDOTBristol. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located at www.VirginiaDOT.org. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.