VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle T. Holland 703-586-0487
Sept. 25, 2019
Overnight Lane Closures on I-66 Tonight for Follow-Up Inspections of Emergency Repairs Between Route 50 and Route 123
FAIRFAX – Multiple lanes will be closed on both I-66 East and West tonight between Route 50 and Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road) to enable follow-up work related to emergency roadway repairs that were performed earlier today. Crews will use ground penetrating radar to test and inspect roadway conditions where a void was filled under I-66 West near Jermantown Road. I-66 travelers should expect delays.
Details of planned closures include:
I-66 East from Route 50 to Jermantown Road
- Double lane closure begins at 10 p.m.
- Triple lane closure begins at 11 p.m.
- One lane will remain open, although brief, full stoppages may be required
I-66 West from Route 123 to west of Jermantown Road
- Double lane closure will begin during overnight period when inspection activity on I-66 East is complete
- Depending on progress, inspection activity may continue into the Thursday morning rush
Drivers should remain alert, slow down, and follow road signs to keep themselves and construction workers safe.
On Twitter, follow VDOT Northern Virginia at @VaDOTNOVA [twitter.com].
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.
Page last modified: May 28, 2023