VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
March 19, 2020
I-66 Reduced to One Lane in Each Direction in Centreville Area Saturday Night, March 21, for Bridge Demolition
Demolition of Bull Run Drive bridge over I-66 continues as part of Transform 66 Project
- Around 9 p.m.: The left-most lanes of I-66 East and West will close between Sudley Road and Route 29 Centreville.
- Around 10 p.m.: I-66 East traffic approaching Bull Run Drive bridge will be narrowed to a single lane on the right. Traffic will cross through a gap in the median barrier to travel east in the I-66 West roadway and remain in this pattern past the bridge demolition activity. Eastbound traffic will then cross back to the I-66 East roadway through a gap in the median barrier and resume normal travel.
- Around 10 p.m.: I-66 West traffic approaching Bull Run Drive Bridge will be narrowed to a single lane on the right and remain in this pattern past the bridge demolition activity. Westbound traffic will resume normal travel following the point where eastbound traffic crossed over to I-66 West.
- Between 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.: Two-way traffic on I-66 West will be separated by traffic barrels and two closed travel lanes. State police will be on-site to assist with traffic control and response.
- By 9 a.m.: Traffic will return to normal patterns with a single lane closed in each direction. All lanes will re-open by 10 a.m.
- Travel speeds will be reduced to 25 mph through the work zone.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.