VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
Jan. 27, 2020
Overnight Ramp Closures For The I-66 Outside The Beltway Project This Week
Closures planned at I-495, Route 123, Route 234 Business, and Prince William Parkway
FAIRFAX – Several ramp closures will be necessary during the overnight hours throughout the I-66 corridor this week for crews to perform utility work, set concrete barrier, and implement traffic pattern changes for the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
Ramp from I-66 West to Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road)
- The ramp from I-66 West to Route 123 will be closed Tuesday night, Jan. 28, from midnight to 4 a.m. for crews to implement a traffic pattern change. Drivers will be detoured farther west to Route 50 East, stay to the left for I-66 East, then follow signs to Route 123 North or South.
- When the ramp opens in the early morning hours of Wednesday, Jan. 29, drivers exiting I-66 West to Route 123 North will be shifted from the current temporary ramp to the new, permanent northbound ramp. Drivers exiting I-66 West to Route 123 South will be shifted to the temporary ramp, where two traffic signal-controlled left-turn lanes will allow access to Route 123 South.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
Ramp from I-66 East to Route 234 (Prince William Parkway) South
The ramp from I-66 East to Prince William Parkway South will be closed Tuesday night, Jan. 28, from midnight to 4 a.m. Drivers will be directed to continue farther east to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) South, turn right at Balls Ford Road, then continue back to Prince William Parkway.
Tuesday, Jan. 28, through Friday, Jan. 31
Ramp from I-66 East to the 495 Express Lanes South
- The ramp from I-66 East to the 495 Express Lanes South will be closed during the overnight hours Tuesday, Jan. 28, through Friday, Jan. 31, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Drivers will be directed to the I-495 South general-purpose lanes.
Friday, Jan. 31
Ramp from Route 123 North (Chain Bridge Road) to I-66 East
- The ramp from northbound Route 123 to I-66 East will be closed Friday night, Jan. 31, from midnight to 4 a.m.Drivers will be directed to continue farther north on Route 123, turn left at the traffic signal to I-66 West, take the exit for Route 50 East, then stay to the left and follow signs to I-66 East.
Friday, Jan. 31, and Saturday, Feb. 1
Ramp from I-66 West to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) North
- The ramp from westbound I-66 to northbound Route 234 Business will be closed Friday, Jan. 31, and Saturday, Feb. 1, from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. nightly. Drivers will be directed to Route 234 Business South, turn right at the third traffic signal onto Coverstone Drive, take the first right at Miramar Drive, turn right on Balls Ford Road, then turn left at the traffic signal on to northbound Route 234 Business.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
On Twitter, follow VDOT Northern Virginia at @VaDOTNOVA
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.