VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Mike Murphy 703-638-8547
April 29, 2021
Route 7 Nightly Lane Closures at Battlefield Parkway in Leesburg May 2-5
Update: Westbound Route 7 lane closures occurring nightly May 9-12
Update: Due to weather, up to two westbound Route 7 lanes will be closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. nightly Sunday, May 9 through Wednesday, May 12.
LEESBURG –Route 7 (East Market Street) between Cardinal Park Drive and River Creek Parkway will have nightly lane closures (weather permitting) Sunday, May 2 through Wednesday, May 5 for drainage work related to the Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway project, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
The work will occur according to the following schedule:
- 8 p.m. Sunday, May 2 to 5 a.m. Monday, May 3: Up to two eastbound Route 7 lanes (right and center lanes) closed
- 8 p.m. Monday, May 3 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, May 4: Up to two eastbound Route 7 lanes (left and center lanes) closed
- 9 p.m. Tuesday, May 4 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, May 5: Up to two westbound Route 7 lanes (right and center lanes) closed
- 9 p.m. Wednesday, May 5 to 6 a.m. Thursday, May 6: Up to two westbound Route 7 lanes (left and center lanes) closed
The posted speed limit along Route 7 between the Leesburg Bypass and River Creek Parkway has been reduced to 45 miles per hour. Drivers are asked to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
The drainage work is part of the Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway project, which includes a new grade-separated interchange, as well as:
- Removing the signal at Route 7 and Cardinal Park Drive and modifying the intersection.
- Adding auxiliary lanes on eastbound Route 7 from the Leesburg Bypass to the Battlefield Parkway interchange, and from the Battlefield Parkway interchange to River Creek Parkway/Crosstrail Boulevard.
- Constructing a shared-use path along northbound Battlefield Parkway and a sidewalk along southbound Battlefield Parkway.
The entire project is scheduled to be complete in fall 2021.
Visit virginiadot.org/route7battlefield for more project info.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.