VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Jan. 29, 2022
Northern Virginia: Freezing Temps Causing Icy Spots
Drivers asked to watch for icy spots; winds gusts expected to increase
Update: 1/29/22, 8 a.m.
- Crews continue to work treating icy spots this morning, but roads are generally clear. Please assume that anything that looks wet is icy.
- Temperatures are expected to stay below freezing into Monday, causing continued icy conditions. Be extra careful on bridges, ramps, overpasses, and elevated surfaces.
- If you must drive, please factor in more time to get to your destination. Reduce your speeds, brake gently, and ensure your windshield wiper fluid basin is full.
- To report downed trees or other debris in the road, residents can contact the Customer Service Center at 800-FOR-ROAD (800-367-7623) or my.vdot.virginia.gov.
- Monitor road conditions on www.511virginia.org or the free mobile app, or call 511 from any phone in Virginia.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.