VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
June 23, 2022
Overnight Paving on the Access Road to E.C. Lawrence Park Ballfields, Poplar Tree Road and Stonecroft Boulevard in Chantilly Next Week, June 26-30
FAIRFAX – Motorists can expect overnight closures of the access road to E.C. Lawrence Park Ballfields, Poplar Tree Road and Stonecroft Boulevard for paving next week, Sunday night, June 26, through Thursday night, June 30. The work is part of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Drivers traveling in the area during this time should expect delays and consider using alternate routes.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
Sunday, June 26, and Monday, June 27
Access Road to E.C. Lawrence Park Ballfields
- The access road to the Park ballfields will be closed from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night for paving.
- The road will reopen by 7 a.m. each day.
Tuesday, June 28
Stonecroft Boulevard from the entrance to Westone Plaza Shopping Mall to Route 28
- The road will be closed between the entrance to the shopping center and the bridge over Route 28 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. for paving. The entrance to the shopping center will remain open.
- Traffic will be directed around the closure via Westfields Boulevard, Park Meadow Drive and Newbrook Drive to reach the east side of Route 28.
- The road will reopen by 6 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Wednesday, June 29, and Thursday, June 30
Poplar Tree Road from Newbrook Drive to Route 28
- The road will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night
- Traffic will be directed around the closure via Westfields Boulevard, Park Meadow Drive and Newbrook Drive to reach the other side of Route 28.
- The road will reopen by 6 a.m. each day.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.