VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
Oct. 28, 2022
Ramps from Route 286 (Fairfax County Parkway) North and South to I-66 West Planned to Close During the During the Overnight Hours This Weekend, October 28-30
FAIRFAX – The ramps from northbound and southbound Route 286 (Fairfax County Parkway) to I-66 West are scheduled to be closed during the overnight hours Friday, October 28, through Sunday, October 30, for paving. This work is part of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Drivers should expect delays if traveling in this area and consider using alternate routes.
Friday, October 28, through Sunday, October 30
Ramp from Route 286 South to I-66 West
I-66 West C-D lane access to I-66 West
- The ramp will be closed Friday and Saturday from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. each night, and Sunday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- During this ramp closure, traffic on the C-D lane will not be allowed to continue through to I-66 West. All traffic using the lane will need to exit to Route 286 North or South.
- Traffic will be directed farther south to I-66 East, exit to Route 50 West, then stay to the right and follow signs to I-66 West.
Ramp from Route 286 North to I-66 West
- The ramp will be closed Friday and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m. each night, and Sunday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Traffic will be directed (prior to the closure) to I-66 East, exit to Route 50 West, then stay to the right and follow signs to I-66 West.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.