VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Dec. 2, 2022
Route 7 Eastbound Lane Shift Between Lucky Estates Drive and Lewinsville Road in Vienna Begins on or about Dec. 6
Update: Access changes between Route 7 westbound and Lucky Estates Drive/Wolftrap Run Road will begin on or about Dec. 21
Update: The access changes between Route 7 westbound and Lucky Estates Drive/Wolftrap Run Road previously scheduled for Dec. 15 have been rescheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 21.
VIENNA - On or about Tuesday, Dec. 6, drivers on Route 7 eastbound will experience a lane shift to the south (away from the median) and access changes between Lucky Estates Drive and Lewinsville Road:
- Direct access between Lucky Estates Drive and eastbound Route 7 will open.
- Drivers on Wolftrap Run Road will use Lucky Estates Drive for access to Route 7 while crews build the permanent improvements between Wolftrap Run Road and McLean Bible Church. (Please see the project's online interactive map for the permanent road configuration in this area.)
- Drivers on eastbound Route 7 will use Lucky Estates Drive for access to Wolftrap Run Road.
- Drivers on westbound Route 7 to Wolftrap Run Road and Lucky Estates Drive will continue to turn left at Wolftrap Run Road while crews construct the median crossover at Lucky Estates Drive.
See maps below for details.
On or about Dec. 15, the median crossover at Wolftrap Run Road will close permanently, and the median crossover at Lucky Estates Drive will open. Additional access changes will be in place:
- Drivers on westbound Route 7 will use the new median crossover at Lucky Estates Drive to access both Lucky Estates Drive and Wolftrap Run Road.
- This traffic pattern will be in place while crews build the permanent improvements between Wolftrap Run Road and McLean Bible Church.
See map below for details.
Please use caution and be alert to vehicles and equipment entering and exiting the work area. All work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
For information on intersection movements at the completion of construction along Route 7, please see the interactive map on the project website.
Please note crews are only working within the VDOT right of way and where rights have been acquired from property owners (read more).
As a reminder, the Route 7 speed limit has been reduced to 45 miles per hour in active work zones between Reston Avenue and Jarrett Valley Drive, and Virginia law prohibits the use of handheld cell phones while driving through an active work zone.
Please use caution and be alert to work zone signs, potential flagger or police direction, and watch for traffic shifts. Slow-moving vehicles and equipment may be entering or exiting the road.
You can get Route 7 Corridor Improvements Project updates weekly by visiting the project website.
Sign Up for Route 7 Traffic Alerts on Virginia 511
Get alerts about work zones, accidents and other incidents via web, phone, text message or email. Visit 511virginia.org to create and configure your account.
Expected lane closures and other traffic pattern changes associated with the Route 7 Corridor Improvements Project are also posted each week at connectroute7.org.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.