VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Kathleen Leonard | Mike Murphy
May 13, 2022
Virtual Design Public Hearing May 18 on Fox Mill Road and Pinecrest Road Intersection Improvements
Learn more and give feedback online at virginiadot.org/FoxMillPinecrest
HERNDON – The Virginia Department of Transportation will hold a virtual design public hearing Wednesday, May 18 on planned improvements at the intersection of Fox Mill Road (Route 665) and Pinecrest Road.
The project improvements include:
- Installing a permanent traffic signal (A temporary traffic signal began operating in August 2021)
- Constructing left-turn lanes on northbound and southbound Fox Mill Road
- Adding four crosswalks
- Reconstructing sidewalks and curb ramps
- Constructing an eight-foot-wide walkway and curb ramp at the southeast corner of the intersection
- Installing curb and gutter
- Improving drainage
- Restriping pavement
At the intersection, Fox Mill Road averages 13,000 vehicles a day and Pinecrest Road averages about 2,400 based on 2019 data.
This project is financed with Fairfax County funding.
In lieu of an in-person hearing, VDOT invites residents and travelers to learn more, participate in the virtual hearing and give feedback in the following ways through Tuesday, May 31:
- Attend the Wednesday, May 18 online Register at virginiadot.org/FoxMillPinecrest or to participate without registering in listen-only mode, call 866-692-4530 (use access code 2425-866-2025). The project team will make a short presentation beginning at 7 p.m. and answer questions for about an hour after the presentation. In case an alternate date is needed, the meeting will be held Tuesday, May 31.
- Provide comments via the online survey, by email to email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 703-691-6710.
- Mail comments to Mr. Sitaram Kodali, P.E., Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
- Request an in-person appointment during business hours at VDOT’s Northern Virginia District Office, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. Please call ahead at 703-691-6710 or TTY/TDD 711 for an appointment.
Meeting materials and the presentation will be available online at virginiadot.org/FoxMillPinecrest, including the recorded presentation after the meeting.
VDOT ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact VDOT Civil Rights at 703-259-1775.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.