VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Oct. 11, 2022
Virtual Public Information Meeting October 17 on St Louis Road over Goose Creek Bridge Rehabilitation
Learn more and give feedback online at virginiadot.org/StLouisRoad
LOUDOUN – The Virginia Department of Transportation will hold a virtual public information meeting Monday, October 17 on plans to rehabilitate the St Louis Road over Goose Creek bridge to improve safety for drivers and extend the overall life of the bridge. The bridge was originally built in 1969.
The project includes:
- Replacing the concrete beams with steel beams
- Replacing the concrete deck
- Repairing piers
The bridge carries about 3,200 vehicles a day based on 2019 data.
The project is financed with federal and state funding, including State of Good Repair funds used for bridges.
In lieu of an in-person meeting, VDOT invites residents and travelers to learn more, participate in the virtual meeting and give feedback in the following ways through Thursday, October 27:
- Attend the Monday, October 17 online Register at virginiadot.org/StLouisRoad or to participate without registering in listen-only mode, call 877-309-2074 (use access code 670-368-743). The project team will make a short presentation beginning at 6:30 p.m. and answer questions for about an hour after the presentation. In case an alternate date is needed, the meeting will be held Wednesday, October 26.
- Provide comments via the online survey or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail comments to Mr. Vicente Valeza, P.E., Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Meeting materials and the presentation will be available online, including the recorded presentation after the meeting.
VDOT ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact VDOT Civil Rights at 703-259-1775.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.