Interstate 81 Exit 77/Exit 80 Interchange Alternative StudyStrategically Targeted and Affordable Roadway Solutions (STARS) Study
Est Completion Date
Cory Osborne, Bristol District Planning Specialist
What's Being Done?
In December 2020, VDOT began a Strategically Targeted and Affordable Roadway Solutions (STARS) Study of the Interstate 81 Exit 77 and Exit 80 interchanges. Two survey opportunities were offered to the public during the study (March 1-21, 2021 and December 6, 2021 - January 3, 2022).
View the project study area map here.
The purpose of the study is to:
- Evaluate how traffic moves through the interstate ramps and intersections near the ramps, as well as evaluate safety conditions in these areas.
- Develop potential improvement projects to enhance safety and traffic operations in the study area.
- Consider innovative intersection/interchange designs.
- Improve access along the ramps and intersections.
- Identify improvements that can be advanced to funding in VDOT's Six-Year Improvement Program.
Click here to watch video created during second survey (the video is also available from within the survey link above).