STARS Godwin Boulevard Corridor StudyCity of Suffolk
Est Completion Date
Lengths and Limits
Godwin Boulevard (Route 10/32) from Route 460/58/13 (Suffolk Bypass) in the south to Route 634 (Kings Fork Road) in the north
About the Study
This STARS (Strategically Targeted Affordable Roadway Solutions) study is assessing the operational and safety conditions and propose improvements that can be incorporated into the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Six-Year Improvement Program (SYIP). This study will propose alternatives and technical solutions to mitigate the safety issues and to improve traffic operations and alleviate congestion.
The study area consists of Godwin Boulevard (Route 10/32) from Route 460/58/13 (Suffolk Bypass) in the south to Route 634 (Kings Fork Road) in the north.
The following intersections / arterial movements along Godwin Boulevard are included within the study area:
- Godwin Boulevard at eastbound Route 460/58/13 on/off-ramps
- Godwin Boulevard at westbound Route 460/58/13 on/off-ramps
- Godwin Boulevard at Centerbrooke Lane/Burnetts Way
- Godwin Boulevard at Sentara
- Godwin Boulevard at Kensington Boulevard
- Godwin Boulevard at Corporate Lane
- Godwin Boulevard at Hillpoint Boulevard South
- Godwin Boulevard at Hillpoint Boulevard North/Farmall Drive
- Godwin Boulevard at Kings Fork Road (Route 634)
The improvements being considered include:
- Improved traffic signal timing/operations;
- Widening Godwin Boulevard;
- Suffolk Bypass interchange improvements;
- Modification to intersection lane configurations;
- Access management;
- Pedestrian/bicycle facilities; and
- Innovative Intersections.
Public Involvement Opportunities
A survey to collect public feedback was availablethrough July 31, 2020.