Route 29 Solutions
Communication and coordination with the community during development and delivery of the Route 29 improvement projects will be critical to their success.
The Route 29 Project Delivery Advisory Panel represents local governments, businesses, land owners and others in Albemarle County and Charlottesville and assists VDOT with project delivery and issues, including:
- Maintenance of traffic
- Public safety.
Philip Shucet, who facilitated the work of the first advisory panel, will serve in the same capacity for this group.
The Route 29 Solutions project team provides technical support for the panel's work.
- Summary minutes
- Design-Build Construction Schedule
- Rio Road intersection rendering
(Drawing is a working draft in development)
- Rio Road intersection video simulation, WMV, 12.7 MB
(The video is a working draft. Additional details and traffic movements will be added.)
- Summary Minutes
- Route 29/Rio Road maintenance of traffic concept plan
- Route 29/Rio Road grade-separated intersection, plan and profile
- Route 29 typical section, south of Rio Road looking north
- Route 29 typical section, north of Rio Road looking north
- Aesthetic treatment concepts for Rio Road intersection
(Architectural renderings commissioned by the Southern Environmental Law Center)
- Albemarle County Architectural Review Board Design Guidelines
- Summary Minutes
- Rt. 29/Rio Road intersection
- Rt. 29 widening, south section
- Rt. 29 widening, north section
- Berkmar Drive extension proposed alternate routes
The audio and video podcasts of the Aug. 7 meeting are incomplete due to interruptions in the Internet streaming that occurred during the webcast.
View the meeting playlist on the VDOT YouTube Channel.
Meetings are held on Thursdays at 2 p.m. at the Virginia Center for Transportation Innovation
and Research in Charlottesville and are streamed live over the Internet.
- November 6
- November 20
- December 4
- December 18