Report a Road Problem

Customer Service Center Representatives in Salem assist the public with work requests and emergencies that arise on Virginia's interstates and highways.Customer Service Center: 800-FOR-ROAD (800-367-7623)

Call VDOT's Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 around the clock. TTY users can call 711. 

  • Report all unsafe and hazardous road conditions
  • Report work requests for state-maintained roads
  • Other VDOT questions

Note: VDOT does not fill potholes in cities, towns, or in Henrico and Arlington counties -- except for interstates and major primary roads within these jurisdictions.

For the latest road conditions, please call 511 from any telephone in Virginia.

Online Work Request

Use this form to report non-emergency work requests for state maintained roads.  If your request is a road hazard that needs immediate attention, please call 1-800-367-7623.  

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) provides services such as:

  • Filling potholes
  • Drainage cleaning
  • Water drainage
  • Guard rail replacement
  • Bridge work
  • Signs
  • Traffic lights
  • Animal, tree and debris removal from roadway


  • Please submit a separate report for each request.  
  • Requests submitted online will be reviewed within 72 hours.
  • Except for interstates and major primary routes, VDOT does not fill potholes in cities and towns or in the counties of Henrico and Arlington.


*Email address (required):




ZIP Code:

*County where work is needed (required):

*Home Phone (required):

*Alternate Phone:

Route number where work is needed:

Road name where work is needed:




Page last modified: Nov. 1, 2019